Tuesday, January 8, 2008

"Hard To Stay Objective Covering This Guy . . ."

The NBC reporter covering St. Barack of Obama's ongoing canonization said on MSNBC that it's "hard to stay objective covering this guy."
Ya think ? I don't know about you, but I sure believe that the big media is doing its level best to be totally objective, unbiased and fair in its coverage of the Icon of Hope. Big media's Obama love-fest is like a children's story (called The Icon of Hope and His Dream Machine Campaign), except in this tale -- instead of walking around asking all and sundry: "are you my mother?" -- the tired baby-boomer media darlings keep looking for Bobby Kennedy.
I confess, I totally don't get Obama-mania. I'm not notably liberal anyway, which probably has a lot to do with it, but I'm not seeing how a half-term Senator who talks in generalities about hope is even remotely qualified to be President of the United States. I don't at all understand how somebody who voted with the Democratic Party in Congress over 95 percent of the time can possibly be about some kind of mythical post-partisan unity politics. Yeah, I suppose we can have unity, if the 40 percent or so of us who don't agree with the Democrats just surrender. Fat chance.
ADDENDUM: Have a look at Right Wing Nuthouse, which correctly dubs St. Barack's campaign the "cotton candy" candidacy, and provides as good an explanation for Obama-mania as I have seen. The money quote:
The voters are wild for change. They are tired of wars abroad and wars in Congress at home and they yearn for someone who can ride into Washington on a white horse and bring unity and peace to the country.
Trouble is, when somebody comes to town on a white horse, the results are unpredictable and often are not very conducive to unity and peace. "Tired of wars abroad and wars in Congress," eh ? So what do we do about that ? Lose the wars, and watch the Icon of Hope make our very real arguments go away with pabulum and generalities ? That will lead to something, but unity and peace seems unlikely Voters wanting "change" might well get their wish. I wonder if they'll like it ?

No comments: