Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Busy, War Talk

Very busy at work and still putting the new palace in order, which explains the relative paucity in posting. All kinds of interesting things going on though.

Lots of talk about war with Iran. This is possible I suppose, but I'm not in general inclined to believe that we will walk into it with our eyes open: primarily because it is unclear where it would end; and because I see no signs that the government is preparing the public for the possibility. Moreover, we are unprepared economically, politically and militarily for a wider war. However, war by blunder -- some clash in Iraq that escalates; some problem at sea; or Mad Jad or others putting their feet into it -- seems all too possible to me. Perhaps I will post on all of this later, but not yet.
Meanwhile, the Israeli strike into Syria back on 6 September is interesting ? North Korean "cement ?" Or did we find Saddam's bomb program ? Interesting doings in Lebanon too. Another anti-Syrian politician has been murdered.
All interesting, but back to work for the moment.

2 comments:

Candidly Caroline said...

Paucity, huh?
I'm going to have to look that one up. : )

El Jefe Maximo said...

I really think it should have been "paucity of." Oh well: I am somewhat famous for making waste by writing in haste.