Monday, October 6, 2008

Slough of Despond

Going to brood for awhile I think, so I don't know if I will be posting, much. I don't believe much of what I hear or read, but all the news, economic, political, personal, is just dark beyond belief. I can barely force myself to read the papers anymore, or look around much on here. Since 2006, there has been little to read but disaster and rumors of disaster.
Enough. I suppose if people want to be fools and drink the Kool-Aid, there's nothing for it but to let them.

3 comments:

Candidly Caroline said...

I think it's worth reminding everyone that the "news" is a business, and businesses make money by bringing in people, which they do by - dare I say it - being dramatic?

Not that everything is all peachy keen, but hey, you're alive, I'm alive. I've got God and Haagen Dazs in the freezer. (Well, God insn't actually *in* the freezer.) I can ride it out.

Money certainly isn't what we should revolve our lives around - maybe this is a good lesson for us to not be so caught up in our materialistic ways.

Candidly Caroline said...

And, I'm probably being so pragmatic and irritating now that I'll drive everyone crazy - so let me temper my above comment by adding that I do think it would be wise to invest in gold, as opposed to stocks.

Anonymous said...

i'm investing in a sign.
to hang outside my house.
it will read:

THE USA
IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED