Friday, November 16, 2007

They Can Stay in Vegas

I have been asked for my reaction to last night's Democratic debates in Las Vegas. For those who care, there is plenty out there to read: National Review Online has what looks like an excellent round -up.
However, I must confess my complete and utter disinterest. The chances that any Democrat outside of Joe Lieberman could have my vote are less than zero -- in general this has been the case since 1972, although I would have had possible cause for pause had the Dukakis-Bentsen ticket in 1988 been a Bentsen-Dukakis ticket. Given the Democratic Party's attitude on the war, intelligence-gathering, military appropriations, detainees, immigration and judges, manifested so vividly in this present Congress, I find them even more repugnant than usual.
Now I do have my own preferred candidate for the Democratic nomination, but I'm going to stay quiet about that one. Six of one, half-dozen of the other, they're all the same to me. Let them have their fun, carry on their silly debates, and fall all over each other zealously worrying about the rights of the scumbags at Guantanamo; and hopefully put up the most Bozo-the-Clown stereotype wacko liberal candidate possible; with racks of skeletons in his or her closet.

No comments: