Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Not Real Bright

Reuters tells us that California wants to ban lightbulbs. Now why do I believe this ?
The "How Many Legislators Does it Take to Change a Lightbulb Act" -- no, I'm not making this up, that's the bill's name -- is to be introduced in the California legislature this week, and it would ban ordinary incandescent lightbulbs by 2012. Californians desiring light would have to purchase fluorscent lightbulbs.
The Lightbulb Bill's author and chief proponent, Assemblyman Lloyd Levine (D-Van Nuys), says that incandescent lightbulbs are inefficient and use too much energy.
Maybe.
I wonder if Assemblyman Levine has ever heard of the US Constitution and the commerce clause ? Might mean lights-out for this idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

another in an endless series of off topic comments ..........
i don't know about the houston area, but in OKLA tonight at 8pm PBS is presenting a special on the US supreme court. divided into pre & post civil war decisions.
not sure what opinion EJM I holds on PBS but i'm sure the special will conclude with a reference to global warming. i watch in the hopes/attempt that i will glean something of value.

H said...

Hey, you were probably the first person to see my blog years ago before I abandoned it. Glad to see you kept at it. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I'm starting to update mine again if you want to check it out. I'll stop by and try to read up on your posts as I get time. Take care.